Contact Us Today
If you would like a FREE no obligation discussion with us then please call us on 0191 567 7244 and we’ll be happy to help you.
Here are a few things to remember when viewing a home you are thinking of buying:
- Consider the area the property is in – is it convenient for travelling to work or close to family or friends, does it have suitable local amenities, eg shops, leisure facilities, etc?
- Get the property description – does the home meet your needs, eg does it offer off road parking, are room sizes suitable?
- What are the neighbours like? Ask the homeowner if there have been any disputes with the neighbours.
- Take a friend or relative with you, they will view the home objectively and may spot things you miss.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for another viewing and try to arrange a second viewing at a different time so you get a different perspective.
- Will you have to update the property, eg modernise a heating system or re-decorate? Remember such extra costs will have to be factored in.
- What type of central and water heating systems are there and have they been regularly serviced?
- Ask for the costs of Council Tax and average utility bills as these are outgoings you will have to budget for.
- Check what is included in the sale – some vendors may ask for an additional price for fixtures and fittings, eg carpets, kitchen fittings, etc.
- Check for signs of damp and subsidence and ask whether the property has cavity wall and loft insulation.
- Check the land and garden(s) outside the home and check which boundaries the current home owner maintains and whether these are suitable for you.
- Don’t be pressurised into making an offer by the vendor or estate agent, check out prices of other homes for sale in the area and be prepared to negotiate.
When you have found the right home for you, let us know as soon as your offer has been accepted and we will guide you through the buying process. We pride ourselves on straight forward communication and aim to keep stuffy legal jargon to a minimum. If your sale or purchase falls through, or you withdraw for any reason, then we won’t charge you for any work done – just any disbursements (e.g. searches) that have already been paid.
Free Initial Enquiry and Our Fixed Fees
We charge a fixed fee for all of our conveyancing services, but the intial enquiry. To discover what the costs will be is absolutely free of charge and entirely without obligation.
Alternatively, you can read more about pricing here.