General Power of Attorney

You can make a General Power of Attorney appointing somebody else to look after affairs on your behalf. This can be as general as you want or can be specific dealing with either a particular asset or being limited for a certain period of time. You could, for example, appoint an Attorney to act on your behalf for a short period of time relating to the sale and purchase of a house if, for example, you were working out of the Country for some time.

This type of appointment is called a General Power of Attorney, and if you were to become incapable of managing your affairs either due to mental or physical impairment, then the appointment of the Attorney would automatically cease, and the Attorney would no longer be able to act on your behalf.

If you wish the appointment to last after such an event, you will probably need to make a Lasting Power of Attorney.

Contact us today

For a free, no-obligation discussion, call us on 0191 567 7244 and we’ll be delighted to help.

You can also email or complete our free online enquiry form and we will be in touch with you shortly.


Two people in suits shaking hands
Cooklaw C Icon

Navigating the legal maze can at times be daunting. We understand the complexities of the law and are dedicated to providing you with expert guidance and comprehensive solutions for all aspects of property and wealth related matters.

Let Cooklaw be your trusted guide. Contact us today to receive the clarity and confidence you deserve. 0191 567 7244