top of page
Legal Consultant

General Powers of Attorney

You can make a General Power of Attorney appointing somebody else to look after affairs on your behalf. This can be as general as you want or can be specific dealing with either a particular asset or being limited for a particular period of time. You could, for example, appoint an Attorney to act on your behalf for a short period of time relating to the sale and purchase of a house if, for example, you were working out of the Country for some time.

This type of appointment is called a General Power of Attorney and if you were to become incapable of managing your affairs either due to mental or physical impairment then the appointment of the Attorney would automatically cease and the Attorney would no longer be able to act on your behalf.

If you wish the appointment to last after such an event then you will probably need to make a Lasting Power of Attorney.

Contact Us Today

If you would like a FREE no obligation discussion with us then please call us on 0191 567 7244 and we’ll be happy to help you.

If you would rather contact us online, you could email us on or complete our Free Online Enquiry and one of our team will be in touch with you shortly.

bottom of page